Your bike should fit like a favourite pair of shoes … and should be focused on how you ride it
As bikes come standard out of boxes they are sized for norms and averages. This still means that very serious research and development has been put in by the manufacturers and bike designers to create a bike that will fit people well in a given height range, providing them with a generally good fit. But what if you are looking for something else in your bike-fit? Each of us is unique in posture, flexibility and limb length – and we may just require a tweak or two to the shape and balance of our bike and riding position.
Equally importantly, each of us has a different ‘engine’ in us, a different level of fitness, and may be heading for tougher terrain than the local roads and lanes. For such cases it might be more about adapting gearing and seeking efficiency out of your bike. Bikes are more adaptable than they initially appear and this is where we come in with our specialist experience and knowledge. See us in the shop for free consultation on moving your current bike to the next level. We have great experience in fettling road, hybrid and MTB bikes for our customers – we have clear ideas on evolution of you and your bike.
Bikes evolve with their riders, making both small tweaks and giant leaps:
- See us for bike-fit advice – we advise on power, comfort and efficiency. See the following page for details of bike fit service.
- Upgrade your “touch points” with new bars and a stem, pedals or a saddle – a perfect perch and reach is essential.
- Add electronic shifting – those who try it love it. We supply genuine import, fully UK warrantied and installed systems and offer free installation on electric shifting… because we love it.
- Have the right gear range for who you are and for the road you are riding. Don’t struggle up hills or run out of gears when hammering along the flat. We can tweak drivetrains to make your ride right.
- A frame swap will improve the heart and soul of your cycling experience – this is the centrepiece of your cycling and will dictate handling, feel and comfort. A swap can be cheaper than a whole new bike, whilst also allowing you the opportunity to perhaps combine it with a fitting session and a few other upgrades.
- Groupset swaps – we have a certified and trained workshop team to complete Shimano, Campagnolo and SRAM groupset swaps so you can rely on years of technical experience. Equally, changing your groupset offers a chance to consult with us on gear ranges, crank lengths and other related areas.
- Wheels and tyres change everything – talk to us. Rotating mass is the most important weight on a bike; understanding wheel stiffness and lightness is integral to getting the most out of your time on a bike. An easy upgrade for efficiency or comfort. Climb, tour or just bowl along – we have specialist choices.
- Cycling intelligence (GPS, computers, cameras, etc) can enhance your riding by providing a record of not just where you’ve been, but also how fast, at what heart rate, power, cadence (that’s your pedal revolutions) and altitude (in terms of metres of climbing on your ride). It’s the 21st Century – get some electronics!
Our view of a cyclist is not just someone who buys a bike and rides off into the sunset. We believe that people’s needs and ambitions on a bike change – and we can provide the advice and experience to help you make progress. Call to arrange an appointment if you want to speak with us in detail, or just drop in to the shop to see first hand what we can do for riders.
CUSTOM BUILDS – As the relationship between rider and bike develops into one that can consume many hours, then there is much to be said for complete tailoring of a bike to yourself. The ultimate way to do this is with a custom build bike – we do this with Trek’s Project One programme, with Specialized’s S-Works, with Condor and Enigma and also with Storck. Each of these bike builds comes tailored in the finest detail with respect to gearing, fit, frame technology, wheels choices, aesthetic style and more. Effectively each custom build bike comes with bike-fit, rider consultation and a personalised service that focuses our knowledge onto your riding. And your bike will be unique to you of course.